July 21, 2015

This weekend at London Film & Comic Con, I watched the tail-end of Tim Russ's photoshoot with fans as I waited for my own.  I honestly got choked up watching them interact... What he was doing seemed suddenly so important:  he'd taken them on this journey through faraway galaxies via their TVs; and now, they got to meet him, and thank him for that.  They were so sincerely moved by the opportunity, and all he had to do was show up and smile.  It was so simple, yet seemed to make such a difference.  I shared my experience with him afterwards, and he said, "But you're doing the same thing!"  I told him I didn't see it like that-- I'm IN it, so it's hard to step outside oneself and witness it objectively.  He concurred (and boldly went where no man has gone before)!


News Archive